TrueStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg's GM Application (Initiative)

3 posters

Go down

Greg's GM Application (Initiative) Empty Greg's GM Application (Initiative)

Post by GreglyPoo Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 am

IGN:

My name in game is Initiative.

Name:

My real name is Greg, which would be short for Gregory!

I'm currently 18 years old.

TimeZone/Country:

My timezone is Eastern Standard Time, or GMT + 5. I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, which is in Canada.

How much time do you spend on TrueStory per day?:

I spend variations of time each day on TrueStory. Occasionally I'll just go on the server, and if nobody is on, I'll sit in FM, and go on Facebook and Twitter, which means I'll be on for multiple hours, but sometimes there's just nobody online that I want to talk to, and I don't feel like training so I'll log off. I think It's safe to say that I play Truestory at least 3-4 hours MAX, per day, which may seem like a very small amount of time, but I've got to go to school, and I've got a job, so I can't do much better, I'm sorry.

How long have you played TrueStory?:

I regret to say that I can't say the EXACT date I joined TrueStory, but I do believe it to be roughly two weeks ago, therefore I've been playing TrueStory for just about two weeks.

Why did you apply to be a GM?:

This is a really hard question, even though It's really small. I massively appreciate and applaud all the work that Jimmy, Andrew and all the other staff does for the server. You guys do SUCH an amazing job at keeping this server functioning properly for one, but you also constantly host events, and release new content, like the new FM map we just received, and help out players. I guess I'm saying that I want to become an Intern or a GM, because I'd like to work professionally with the current staff, and I'd also like to help out the community. I'm applying to be a GM, because I want to be a part of everything that's currently happening at TrueStory.

What experiences you have/had?(SS would be the best evidence):

To be truthful with you guys, I don't have any screenshots of my previous experience as a GM. I'm sure I could ruffle around my various laptops and come up with one, but I don't think that's really important. I think my word is good enough when I tell you that I've staffed a server or two in the past. I've taken a big break from playing private servers, however I'm back now, so It's definitely been a while since I've been a staff member, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again very quickly. I've never owned a server of my own, however I can assure you I fully understand and appreciate the responsibilities and duties that come with a higher position in the community.

Why should we choose you?:

I think this is a really good, and a really valid question to ask. I think I can bring a few very important things to the community of TrueStory. Firstly, I think you should choose me, because I've got quite a few original event ideas all bottled up in my head, that I think the community would REALLY love, and that I'd love to host for them. Secondly, I think I'll bring a very mature attitude, and light sense of humor to the players of TrueStory. I like to think that I'm likable, easy to approach and helpful to everybody! Thirdly, I've been playing this server for some time now, so I know my way around it. I've got NUMEROUS rebirths already, and I've memorized A LOT of the NPC's, so I think I'll be very helpful if players have questions about the server that are content related. I think the BEST GM's are the GM's who have played the server, and got to know it inside and out first. Lastly, I think that I can loosen the load on the current Staff members. I understand that you guys have a lot to do, and that It may sometimes be stressful for you, so If I become an Intern, I'd look forward to respectfully following in your footsteps, and doing whatever it is you need me to do, to make everything less work for you.

What happen when player report to you about them being scammed?:

If you wouldn't mind, I'm going to make a step-by-step to answer this question, so that It's neater and more organized. I'd do the following:
1. Ask the player who scammed them, and find the other player.
2. Warp BOTH players to a secluded map, perhaps JAIL, where we can discuss what happened. This will make sure that other players on the server don't hear what's going on, and they can continue to play the server without a disruption.
3. I'll listen carefully to both sides of the players stories.
4. I'll use my best judgement to decide who is telling the truth out of the two of them.
5. After I've made my decision on who I think is right, I'll talk to another Staff member, and tell them what I think, if they agree with me, the person who was scamming will receive a punishment, whether It's a ban, or a jail for a period of time.
6. If the person is not guilty, then the person who accused them will be jailed for falsely accusing somebody of a crime they didn't commit.
7. Problem HOPEFULLY, solved. If none of this works, I'd consult a GM with more power than me, and ask them to help me regulate the problem.

What are the basics rules that GM should possess?:

I think that ALL GM's need to be mature, trustworthy, nice, approachable, likable and a lot of other things. People come to GM's for advice, and when they have questions or problems. GM's need to KNOW what they're talking about, and they NEED TO KNOW about the server they're on. GM's need a knowledge of NPC's and various aspects of the server. I also think that GM's have to have good decision making skills, and they MUST KNOW how to regulate an argument if one arises between players. GM's must be able to swiftly make decisions, but with good judgement, and if they can't regulate something, always turn to the ADMIN or a SUPERIOR GM for help. There's never shame in asking for help.

Others you would like to add on to your apps:

I'm just an 18 year old kid looking to have fun on a really great server. If you decide to not accept my application, It's not the end of the world, and I'll continue to play this magnificent server. I really hope that you consider everything I said, and give me a chance, because I do believe that I bring a lot to the table, and that I have a majority of things to offer.

I want to thank you VERY much for reading this entire application, and I appreciate your consideration. Thanks again.

~Greg / Initiative.

Last edited by GreglyPoo on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreglyPoo

Back to top Go down

Greg's GM Application (Initiative) Empty Re: Greg's GM Application (Initiative)

Post by Mint Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:00 am

Wooo~ go Ginger! c:
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Khangaroooo Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:21 am

I LOVE IT

Khangaroooo

Back to top Go down

Post by GreglyPoo Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Tanks Surprised

GreglyPoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down