TrueStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halina's GM application.

2 posters

Go down

Halina's GM application. Empty Halina's GM application.

Post by Stepmania Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:43 am

IGN:
Halina

Name:
Halina

TimeZone/Country:
UTC/GMT -4 hours

How much time you would be spending in Truestory per day:
Since it is vacation I usually log on TrueMS and do other things on the side, while checking back every now and then.

Joined TrueStory for how long?:
I joined TrueStory almost 2 months ago; at the beginning of summer break.

Why did you apply to be a GM?:
Normally I would not want to apply for a GM position, unless I really feel the need to. The reason for me applying this time is because I feel there is not enough supervision all-around. The recent incident with the hacker messing up the server was possibile due to nobody being around to correct this problem. The only active GM right now is Jimmy (to my understanding). Therefore, we cannot expect him to cover all times. On another note, a lot of the people who still play the server find that there is a lack of activities to do on the server. Another GM could remedy that problem.

What experiences you have/had?(SS would be the best evidence):
I used to be GM in my old server, ForeverMS, that I played for close to 3 years. In the final year I was promoted to GM. Sadly the server died down after a good run of over 4 years.
GM Aeriella:

Why would we choose you?:
Personally I think that I will be able to be fit for the job, mainly because I am most active throughout the whole day and during the night. There have been serveral nights where I was the only one online, along with Daddy. I have plenty of experience of being a GM, as the previous server I was a GM in used to be V83, as well. Aside from the regular GM duties I would want to help improve the server by adding more features. You can refer to my post in the suggestions section here: https://truestory.darkbb.com/t86-halina-s-ideas

What happens when a player reports to you about them being scammed?:
When dealing with trades which requires you to drop items, one should always take screenshots of before the transaction and after. If they can provide me with this information I can take action against the offender. If they cannot, it would be their own mistake, sadly. Although, since this is a vast community I hope that scams of any sort will not occur here.

What are the basics rules that GM should possess?:
A GM should be an icon on the grounds of responisbility and equality. That means no favoritism. Of course it is fine to have friends, as long as they do not benefit from it compared to other players. A GM should also be able to keep the server fun and alive, or do their best to keep it entertaining. No abusing of power as a GM. Nobody likes it when being oppressed  by a higher power; a GM should know not to force their rules and will upon others. A GM could also test out existing features and functions of the server and try to find fixes and bugs, in order to avoid exploits. I feel the latter is more optional, though.

Additional info you would like to add:
In a nutshell, I can be a fun person to talk to. I love having good conversations and like making friends. I hope that everybody likes the way I am, and that I can get along with people from the server. I love to keep the environment I'm in as friendly as possible and hope to make the best of it.
Stepmania
Stepmania

Back to top Go down

Halina's GM application. Empty Re: Halina's GM application.

Post by Aneurysm Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:12 am

Good luck to you. c:
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down